Civil Rights Actions And Forfeiture

If you feel that you have been treated improperly by the police during your arrest or the police have taken your personal property without cause, you may have remedies available to you in the civil courts.
If you were arrested without cause and/or in the course of the arrest, you were subjected to improper physical contact by the police, you may be able to bring an action in the state or federal courts for a violation of your civil rights.
If, in the course of your arrest, personal property including vehicles, money, jewelry and other property was taken from you by the police or by the District Attorney’s Office, you have a right to fight to get that property back. The Police and District Attorneys’ Offices may only seek to “forfeit” your property in limited circumstances.
Jeffrey Davis, a former Brooklyn Assistant District Attorney, has extensive experience in fighting against all types of forfeiture actions. He is also prepared to represent you if you feel that your civil rights have been violated. Contact Jeffrey Davis today at 917-826-5150 for a free consultation.